SPVS VMG Event Terms and Conditions
The Organiser: SPVS and VMG
The Delegate: The person in whose name the booking is made
- The Delegate may substitute another person at any time by providing advance notice to The Organiser and having received acknowledgement from The Organiser.
- For any cancellations received in writing more than 30 days prior to the event, save for the circumstances in clause 3 below, The Delegate will receive a refund of the full amount less a £25.00 administration fee to cover the costs incurred as a result of any cancellation. The Organiser is unable to provide any refunds in respect of cancellations received 30 days or less prior to the event (the cancellation period).
- The Organiser is unable to refund any accommodation even if The Organiser has made this booking on The Delegate’s behalf or taken payment on The Delegate’s behalf unless either The Organiser OR the hotel are able to rebook The Delegate’s room (but in such circumstances The Organiser is only able to refund such amounts as received from the hotel).
- In the event that The Organiser postpones an event and the delegate is unable or unwilling to attend on the rescheduled date, The Delegate will receive a credit for 100% of the registration fee. The Delegate may use this credit for another SPVS/VMG event to be mutually agreed with The Organiser, which must occur within one year from the date of the postponed event. No cash refund is available.
- Save for the circumstances set out in clauses 6 and 7 below, in the event that The Organiser cancels the event, The Delegate will receive a cash refund for 100% of the registration fee.
- The Organiser shall assume no liability whatsoever (including without limitation in respect of any actions, claims, liabilities, damages, losses (including consequential losses), loss of sales, loss of opportunity, flight costs, accommodation costs or other costs or expenses whatsoever which may be incurred by The Delegate whether directly or indirectly) and no refund or credit shall be given in the event that the event is cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to any event beyond its reasonable control or any other event that renders performance of the event impracticable, illegal or impossible. For purposes of this clause, an event beyond the reasonable control of The Organiser shall include, but not be limited to: war, fire, labour dispute, strike, flood, drought, adverse weather, terrorist act or attack, threat of terrorism, riot, civil disturbance, communicable disease of humans or animals which restrict movement (excluding Covid-19, see clause 7 below), the death of any individual, or any other emergency, or the non-availability of the premises at which the event was due to take place for any reason.
- Should a booked attended event not be viable as a result of Covid-19, The Organiser will continue to run the event online. In this case, The Organiser will instead offer The Delegate an online ticket and issue a refund for the balance.
- Delegates will be expected to adhere to all Covid safety requests made by The Organiser both before and at the event.
- Except as specified above, no credits or refunds will be issued for cancellations or postponements.
- Except as specified above, The Organiser shall not be responsible for any loss or damage as a result of a substitution, alteration or cancellation/postponement of the event.
- Please note that The Organiser may make substitutions, alterations or cancellations of the speakers and/or topics. As such, The Organiser reserves the right to alter or modify the advertised speakers and/or topics if necessary without any liability to The Delegate whatsoever. Any substitutions or alterations will be updated on The Organiser’s web page as soon as possible.
- Special dietary requirements must be notified to The Organiser at least 14 days prior to the event, otherwise additional charges may be payable.
- Delegates shall be fully responsible for any damage caused to the premises at which the event is taking place or any part of it. The Delegate agrees to pay to The Organiser on demand any amount reasonably required to make good or remedy any such damage.
- SPVS & VMG will store and process your data in order to provide you with the information necessary to attend the event you are registering for and, as a past attendee, to inform you of future events run by SPVS-VMG Joint Events, SPVS and VMG. You can withdraw consent at any time by emailing or calling us or by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button on our emails. The Organiser will share your data with SPVS and VMG Secretariat to verify claims for membership discounts. Contact details will be shared with SPVS Secretariat as required to verify and chase payments. Contact details will not be shared with any third party without your agreement.
- SPVS & VMG partner with event platforms to run certain events online. By registering for an event using these, you will be added as an attendee in the event app. This will allow you to access all of the event sessions, contact other attendees, take part in community chat and view the event exhibitors. Your name, position and company will be visible to other attendees. They will also be able to contact you via the app, but contact details are not disclosed to other attendees unless users explicitly exchange their contact information via the app. If you do not want your name and profile to be listed and viewed by other attendees, you can opt out by changing the visibility setting on the Setting menu to be “invisible”.
If The Delegate is using a discount code, this:
- is only applicable to full registration fees
- cannot be used in combination with any other offers or discounts unless expressly stated